The Board of Directors serves as volunteers of illuminate. Its purpose is to:
- Support the mission statement of the company. It is the Board of Directors responsibility to review the statement of mission and purpose, which articulates the organization’s goals, means, and primary constituents served on an annual basis.¶
- Select and support the Executive Director.
- Ensure effective planning.
- Monitor and strengthen programs and services.
- Ensure adequate financial resources.
- Protect assets and provide proper financial oversight.
- Build a competent Board of Directors.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Enhance the organization’s public standing.
The terms of the Board of Directors are two years on a rotating schedule, starting on June 1 when our fiscal year begins. More information on how to be part of the Board to be announced soon.
The Board of Directors 2020-2021
- Phil LaFond
- Melissa Lamb
- Jason Lamb
- Tom Roche
- Traci Macomber
- Laura Picard
- Ray Santos
- Michael Sherrod
- Jennifer Keating Roca
Officers of the Board
- President – Jennifer Keating Roca (2 years)
- Treasurer – Michael Sherrod (3 years)
- Secretary – Jason Lamb (1 year)
CONTACT THE BOARD at email@example.com
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for Board Vacancies beginning June 1, 2021
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Any person, aged 18+, who supports the mission of Illuminate is eligible for the fiscal year beginning June 1, 2021. After this year, only Members of Illuminate will be eligible (learn more about membership here!)
- CAN I NOMINATE MYSELF?
- HOW OFTEN DOES THE BOARD MEET?
- The Board meets generally once a month, on a date that works best for everyone. Some months there are no meetings. Meetings are scheduled in advance.
- WHAT DOES THE BOARD DO?
- The Job Description of a Director can be found here, but in general the Board builds the company’s foundation and works to ensure the company is moving towards its goals for the future.
- HOW LONG WOULD I BE ON THE BOARD?
- One term of the Board is 2 years. A Director may wish to run for re-election, but may only serve two terms.
- WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- Click here to read the illuminate Bylaws, which provide very detailed information on our Board!
- WHERE CAN I DIRECT OTHER QUESTIONS?
- Contact Melissa Lamb, Nomination Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org