This page has the highlights of the weekly class newsletter. The newsletter has more detail. Click here for our “Now Playing” page!
Last week before filming the livestream!
And just like that: there’s just one more Tuesday left to “rehearse” before we film each class’s presentation for the livestream! If you missed the details of the livestream, scroll down. We can’t wait to showcase what these kids have done in these unusual circumstances. They are so resilient!
There’s just a few days left to support these efforts through the In Progress Fund Drive! We are not at the goal and holding out hope that our families and community will rally to support us, so that Illuminate can continue providing these opportunities through the pandemic and after it’s long gone.
Thank you for your support!
With Gratitude and Hope,
Miss Jen (for all of us at Illuminate)
p.s. School Pictures will be emailed this week! They will come from a website called “Pixieset.com” and you will be able to download the portfolio. The pictures came out great!
Fall Presentation 2020
Our Annual Fall Class Presentation will be virtual this year (surprise surprise!). But that doesn’t mean it will be any less incredible. Every year we are delighted by these talented students as they showcase what they have learned over the course of the semester. This year, their final presentations will be filmed in class on October 27 and then livestreamed as one complete presentation on Friday, October 30 @7:30pm.
Normally we would charge $2/person for the Fall Class Presentation, which might not seem like much, but every little bit helps as a nonprofit attempting to build a foundation during normal times. With the pandemic going on and the loss of revenue over the past 6 months, we are asking that livestream patrons consider making a donation to our In Progress Fund (any amount!) to ensure that the students of Illuminate have opportunities to shine for years to come. Click here to give, and leave us a note in the memo that it’s for the Fall Class Presentation.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing what they have learned, together!
Just a few days left! We still have $3,000 to go. If every family and friend of Illuminate joined hands to support us, we would hit the goal. Ask your workplace if they would consider a donation or ad, or a matching gift!
Click here to learn more about the In Progress Fund Drive
The Deadline is October 22. We are asking that all Illuminate families – staff included – raise $150 towards the In Progress Fund! We believe you can do it! That’s only 3 “Three Line Shout Outs” – let’s do this together and rebuild the foundation!
It’s time to clean out your closets and start saving your Savers bags! We will be filling a truck on Thursday, December 3 between 12-4, and Savers will donate per pound back to our company! This is a win-win because you get clean, organized closets, Savers gets donations that they can repurpose, and we get a percentage to put back to our amazing students and programs. Savers asks for gently used soft goods for this event (think clothing, bedding, tablecloths, blankets, curtains, towels, etc).
More information to come!
- Click here to read our COVID19 Policies and FAQ for all of our classes.
- SAVE OUR NEW NUMBER to your contacts! This number is a Google Voice Number that will reach Miss Jen and other administrators. Please use this to text or call if you are going to be absent, late, or anything else that is urgent on the day of classes. The number is… (401) 288-1865
Illuminate + Covid >>
One of the “nice” things about being in this pandemic is that we are all walking through it together. Because of that, we are hopeful that you understand that we have had to take many precautionary measures as we approach this semester. In June, the Board of Directors formed a Reopening Committee (now called our Covid Committee), which is currently made up of staff members, administrative volunteers, and board members. The goal was to analyze the CDC Guidelines along with the Massachusetts State Regulations.. and to figure out where we fit in the mix. Here’s what we have come up with:
- Click here to read our COVID19 Policies and FAQ for all of our classes.
- Students will need to wear a mask when entering the building, and whenever they are not in designated socially distant spots.
- Once in their socially distant spot, they may take a “mask break.” Teachers will offer mask breaks throughout the class if it’s a class that involves alot of movement. Make sure they have a labeled water bottle on hand for these frequent breaks! Our Mainstage students have been rehearsing for 2 weeks now and they are very happy with the frequent mask breaks and safety measures being taken.
- If your child has a 15-30 minute break between classes, they may take a mask break at their chair, or they may have a break outside. They will need to eat any snacks in the outdoor location. In case of inclement weather, we will create a socially distant and safe space for them inside.
- All chairs and classrooms will be completely sanitized between classes using CDC-approved cleaners and methods.
- Email email@example.com with any questions!
We will be back at the Centenary United Methodist Church (which we affectionately call “Hebron” because they host the Hebron Food Pantry in their basement).
LOCATION INFORMATION: the map below shows parking, and the re circle is our building. The “x” is where the drop-off zone is.
- PARKING IS LIMITED: There is limited free parking located on side streets near the church; or metered parking (40 cents per hour) located across the street at the YMCA, and at the library. We apologize for this inconvenience.
B O O K K E E P I N G
This year we introduced a new payment system that we will explain at the open house. Click here for our Payment Policies for all Classes. If you have questions and need to reach someone in administration, click below…
- If you have any questions regarding CHARGES or BILLING, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org (Steph)
- If you have questions regarding enrolling in classes, changing classes, etc – email email@example.com (Katherine and Jen)
- Click here to access your Parent Portal in our registration system (Jackrabbit)
Illuminate runs on volunteers!
As a nonprofit, Illuminate relies heavily on volunteers and interns to keep our programs running smoothly and safely. Here are several opportunities to consider! Parent volunteers receive discounts off tuition OR free tickets to the junior production; while interns have the opportunity to earn Illuminate Bucks to use towards future classes. We will have more details about these positions at the Open House.
- INTERNSHIPS are available for ages 12+ ! Please click here to read more about our internship program and to apply.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Adult Building help needed: Check in/out positions and bathroom monitors needed for both Tuesday and Thursday during all class times. Contact Lynn Dubeau (Building Supervisor) with your availability at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to integrate our Google Calendar with yours!
- Tuesday, September 8-October 27: TUESDAY FALL CLASSES (in person and online)
- Thursday, September 10-October 29: THURSDAY CLASSES (in person and online options)
- Friday, October 30: Virtual Fall Class Presentation! More details to come.
- Thursday, December 3: FunDrive for Savers!
- Friday, December 11+ Saturday December 12: THE WIZARD OF OZ!
Who to Contact:
- Bookkeeping questions: email@example.com
- Administration (classes and schedules): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynn Dubeau, Building Supervisor: Lynn@illuminateartsco.com
- Jennifer Keating Roca, Director: Jen@illuminateartsco.com
- Melissa Lamb: email@example.com
- Nicole Cannella: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassie Hanudel: Cassie@illuminateartsco.com
- Michelle McWilliams: Michelle@illuminateartsco.com
- Ray Santos: Ray@illuminateartsco.com
- Joy Cappadona: Joy@illuminateartsco.com
Links to Learn-Grow-Shine